Content

Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Hundred Suns Of Hope: Francis Ocran

















These hundred of suns
Hibernating in our eyes
Is nothing we seem to care
So they flick in fragility
Today I send many suns
To the glare of all minds
With this ink I spill
Into my pool of tears
To master this fear
It comes,only once it happens
And I didn't even know
The period I was
But the life I lived
Another one's life
A must pleasing servant
I obey and salute
None but the good evil stepmother
Abuses were one and many
It pours on me all day
Heavy like yoke
That stiffened my spine
All then comes to numb
Like clown in a circus
Father enjoyed her tragic performance
His smiles applaud her deadly words
That dispatched my soul
My pitch clashed in my head
Bedwetted by tears each night
Tears not for the pains
That runs on my skin
Like rough paths of slavery
But the eyes to see another day of pains
Voiceless in the loud silence




My quest to the street asylum
Was a balm that soothed
If not forever, a while my aching heart
I met many in my genre
And the years after paid well
In dark gold and bloody silvers
For many men and women I saw
Before dawn I slaughtered many bloods
Three packets a day in the lungs
What I loved and despised alike
Until that fateful black white day
My twentieth birthday
Mr Brown, the devil , saved me
In his truthful lies
I served the deal for twenty years
Ten men each unholy day
To put food on the table.
Before this good disease
Strike my skinny stinky flesh
And wipe these flickering suns
That hid my entire life
To the grave which await impatiently peaceful



Father! Behold your son
Mother! Behold your daughter
We aren't just here
But a purpose for life
Give us some breath
Give us some sunshine
Let's live once again
Let this rainbow in our eyes
Break it locks and spree
Unleash these colorful souls
On this glorious mountain
Where our hands shall crown
A colorful rainbow of memories
And even if no one admires our colours
We shall wipe the dark clouds
You have knit over our heads
And wake many yawning suns
That lives not themselves
But the life of another
Because we aren't just beings
But a hundred suns of hope

No comments:

Post a Comment