Content

Friday, January 26, 2018

I BELIEVE POEM WRITTEN BY FRANCIS OCRAN












The tide might fall.
The sun might set.
Beneath and underneath
But rise will outshine
Tide will rise
The sun will shine.


Desolate home in drought
No bread on my table
Children weak and fragile
Wife stares in emptiness
Trekking miles for bread
Sweating to occupy the table
But smiles will surround the table tomorrow.
There won't be emptiness on the table.
Delightful home
The table will be full.
Children will smile


Gold is embedded underground.
Hidden in a rocky sediments
Hard to extract
Hectic to refine
Ecstasy towers when we hold the bar
Wealth outshines our toil.We forget our mine underground and smile.


The cleaner cleans
The street filthy to filter.
Passerbys spat nauseatingly
Catcalls on me
My respect plunged out in the void
But I  holds a good dream that never parted away.So my soul not sorrowed.
Clean street tomorrow my dream


The street my home.
The pavement my bed
Often harassed and robbed
Helter skelter when it's rainy
Coldness wraps me into coil of shivering.Mosquitoes make my dwelling a tragedy.
Quit, I believe not
Because i will sleep in a home when day appears.
I believe,it's possible

No comments:

Post a Comment