Content

Wednesday, September 18, 2019

How Much Longer : Francispoems






















I couldn't pave away
This moment aback
5th May, 1990; that night
A dark previous night,
Our first full year
Our cuddle was cut
Short by the call
Of nation's duty.
You promised a kiss
By this time tomorrow,
But tomorrow not come.
My lips are dried
Yearning to be watered
Again by your lips.
But no letters
No rings on the phone
This tumor wasting me
You don't know
How much longer
Do I have more
To wait or to die?




Take this dry word
Across all the world
If he's not of the earth's
Tell him our daughter
Raven is twenty nine
And we are many
Years  in the window
Million miles waiting
But in our glare
Is a plain of silence
Clouding our loneliness.
Tell him no thread
Can patch the void
He left yesterday
And I know not
How much longer
To wait or to die.


But if he's
Of the earth's
In a pool of dry blood
Let his body away
Off the chattering
Of merciless swords
And blinds that shame
A man his fate.
Close the eyes
That watch the wriggle
Put two coins on them
Put his body to rest
Tell him, to prepare
For the two of us
For I know not
How much longer
Do I have more
To wait or to die




















No comments:

Post a Comment